The Peaks & Dales Wedding Planning Guide
Please note that this is just a guide. There will be other considerations, so don’t be afraid to seek the guidance of your wedding co-ordinator and other wedding professionals along the way.
As early as possible..
- Start planning! You might consider hiring a wedding planner to help with it all
- Think of your guest list and consider approximate numbers
- Work out a budget
- View wedding venues for ceremony and reception
- Book ceremony and reception venues and minister or registrar
- Consider insurance
- Think about who you would like to be bridesmaids and groomsmen
- Enjoy thinking about your honeymoon, but don’t forget the more mundane details like time off work, vaccinations and passports
- Speak to your local register office
- Enjoy looking at dresses
- Start to think about possible colour schemes and themes.
- Many wedding suppliers are only able to do one wedding per day. These are the ones to book as soon as possible. These would include most caterers, photographers and videographers, entertainment and cars
- Consider and, if necessary, book accommodation and transport for your guests
- Look at bridesmaids’ dresses.
- Book your florist
- Look around at cakes and choose one to suit your taste and budget
- Look at all other services for the day
- Arrange printing of invitations
- Consider your gift list
- Plan rehearsals
- Invitations need sending in good time
- Hen and stag dos need arranging: lean on your maid of honour and best man to help out
- Choose a hair stylist and makeup artist and arrange trials
- Your dress and outfit considerations need to be moving along
- Choose rings
- Don’t forget your honeymoon!
- Speak to your officiants and all suppliers to make sure all is going to plan
- Finalise the order of service and arrange printing
- Choose gifts for your attendants and parents
- Arrange menu / wine / drinks packages with venue
- Obtain your marriage licence.
- Arrange seating and table cards
- Meet suppliers to make final arrangements
- Choose readings
- Don’t forget those speeches
- Confirm all times
- Delegate as much as you can!
- Provide venue with final numbers
At least 12 months before
At least 6-8 months before
4-6 months before
As the wedding gets closer
As the wedding rapidly approaches
And above all, enjoy every minute!